Skip to main content

Featured

My first proper Earthquake!

 Last night at 3.07am was woken to everything moving, bedroom cupboard door rattling and general WTF moment! This is my first really quake, the previous one I had felt while I was offshore in Qatar, but thought that was just the crane driver being a bit rough with a load landing. Last nights was different, the whole place was shaking and lying it bed it felt really weird last a good 20+ seconds I would have guessed. Turns out it was a Magnitude 6.6, located around 48Km WNW of Polis, off the west coast of Cyprus. At least no damage here and everyone fine. Eldest daughter thought it was 'so cool', think that was her first experience of one as well. Full details can be found at: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000gaqu/executive

Little green frog.......

It was a typical hot and sunny day, and I decided to cut back the Oleander bushes round the pool area. The dog is forever in there rummaging, usually because she has heard something. The bushes are quite overgrown and hang over the path ways, but more importantly you cannot see the ground around their bases.

The dead leaves collect and there have previously been snakes in about the bushes. With the kids putting hands in to recover balls and the dog always in about, I would prefer to see the ground, so there is less chance of being bitten by something.

While trimming back the bushes, I half expect to find snakes, spider and the occasional Mantis, but today, I got sight of a little green frog sitting staring at me.

The Middle Eastern Tree Frog.




Comments

Popular Posts