Skip to main content

Featured

My first proper Earthquake!

 Last night at 3.07am was woken to everything moving, bedroom cupboard door rattling and general WTF moment! This is my first really quake, the previous one I had felt while I was offshore in Qatar, but thought that was just the crane driver being a bit rough with a load landing. Last nights was different, the whole place was shaking and lying it bed it felt really weird last a good 20+ seconds I would have guessed. Turns out it was a Magnitude 6.6, located around 48Km WNW of Polis, off the west coast of Cyprus. At least no damage here and everyone fine. Eldest daughter thought it was 'so cool', think that was her first experience of one as well. Full details can be found at: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000gaqu/executive

Reccy Visit...update

Made contact with another agent and have arranged a meet for when we go over for the reccy.

He has a basic specification of what we are looking for and will give us a list to review before we go over, so see if there are any we won't bother to go and look at.

Today, booked the accommodation for the visit, so that is us ready to go!


Last week I also contacted one of the relocation companies, and today they came round to do a survey. I wanted to get an idea of things before I engaged with my employer.


It will be here before we know it!



Needless to say I have still been surfing the rental websites, telecoms websites and also car sales places. Still in information overload mode...

Comments

Popular Posts